Thursday, September 1, 2011

Unprofessional... or "What to do about Sally*"

The phrase "What I'm about to say might be unprofessional, but...." is usually followed by something unflattering and, shockingly,  true about someone else.  Sally* shows up once a week to help with any computer or software issues that any of our 26 faculty and staff members might be having.  This is ironic because she doesn't know the first thing about technology and is so flighty that she often forgets what it was she was asked to do before even starting on the project.  As a fairly tech-savvy individual who enjoys using gadgets and software to make learning fun, I rarely need help unless it's a substantial issue.  When this happens, I avoid Sally* at all costs.

Today, a higher-up in the district stops by my classroom to visit about a new gadget that should be coming in within the next month.  She begins with: "This might be unprofessional, but don't ask Sally* to help with this gadget."  I laughed.  Because I knew this already.  Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment